Alvin J. Katzman
We are in a new era where real estate is readily viewable on the internet and my practice has developed to assist buyers and sellers who have decided to take on part or all of the buying or selling property themselves (both residential and commercial). Just because you may want to buy or sell your property yourself, doesn't mean you have to do it by yourself.
I provide professional legal services to my clients with their sale/purchase needs.
Typical services include:
• Sales Negotiations
• Drafting Purchase Documents
• Drafting Inspection Responses
• Reviewing Title Policies
• Resolving Title Issues
• Loan document review
• Representation at Closings
I provide my clients professional legal services based on an hourly rate rather than a commission set by the sale price of the property. And if problems arise and the real estate transaction does not close, I am able to assist my clients with informal negotiations and/or formal litigation to come to a resolution in such circumstances.
In addition to real estate, I have a passion for banking law, business transactional work, business litigation and estate law. Whether I am preparing loan documentation and conducting loan closings on behalf of a bank and/or working for individuals and business entities, forming a business, handling the business transactional work (drafting employee contracts, buy-sell agreements, leases/subleases, etc.), business litigation, or estate work, I am here to handle my client’s legal needs.
I earned my J.D. degree, graduating magna cum laude in 2001, from the Indiana University School of Law in Bloomington. I am admitted to the Indiana bar and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. I am also a member of Phi Beta Kappa, the Order of the Coif, and the Indianapolis and Indiana Bar Associations. I have had the privilege of serving on the Jewish Community Center's board of directors, volunteering at my children's schools, and am actively involved with the ALS Association Indiana Chapter.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Banking Law
- Business Litigation
- Business Formation
- Business Transactional Law
- Contract Preparation
- Estate Law
- Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2001
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Merit Scholarship Recipient (1999-2001)
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Cheryl Burnham Buhler Award Recipient
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association, 2001 to Present
- Indiana Bar Association, 2001 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- ALS Association Indiana Chapter